Kawas Elementary School was named after Jesus A. Kawas (1895-1977). The school was erected in 1982 under the Superintendency of Vidal M. Trevino. In 1988, the Early Childhood Center was added to the main building in order to serve a rapidly expanding student population.
Kawas Elementary school currently services approximately 590 students, grades PK3-5th, and offers both English and Bilingual education programs. The school is currently headed by Ms. Vanessa Ortegon, and was previously headed by Ms. Yolanda Montemayor, Ms. Sandra Munoz, and Ms. Lucy Flores.
Jesus A. Kawas