History

Kawas Elementary School was named after Jesus A. Kawas (1895-1977). The school was erected in 1982 under the Superintendency of Vidal M. Trevino. In 1988, the Early Childhood Center was added to the main building in order to serve a rapidly expanding student population.

Kawas Elementary school currently services approximately 590 students, grades PK3-5th, and offers both English and Bilingual education programs. The new sprincipal is Mr. Alberto Resendez, and was previously directed by Ms. Vanessa Ortegon, Ms. Yolanda Montemayor, Ms. Sandra Munoz, and Ms. Lucy Flores.

Jesus A. Kawas

Jesus A. Kawas
1895-1977